Last revised: February 2021
You have the right to:
- Receive accurate, easily understood information about your benefits available through Amplifon, including information about services that are covered and not covered and any costs that you will be responsible for paying.
- Obtain understandable information about Amplifon’s programs and services, including the qualifications of staff that support Amplifon’s clinical programs and any contractual relationships related to such programs.
- Have access to current information about in-network providers and information about a particular provider’s education, training, and practice.
- Obtain hearing care services from the provider you choose in the Amplifon network.
- Privacy and confidentiality regarding your medical care and records. Records pertaining to your healthcare will not be released without your, or your authorized representative's, written permission, except as required by law.
- Expect Amplifon to adhere to all privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Discuss your medical record with your provider and receive, upon request, a copy of that record. Be informed of your diagnosis, treatment choices, including non-treatment, and prognosis in terms you can reasonably expect to understand, and to participate in decision-making about your healthcare and treatment plan.
- Participate with your provider in health care decisions and have your provider give you medically necessary treatment options for your conditions, regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- Expect reasonable access to medically necessary hearing care services, regardless of race, national origin, religion, physical abilities or source of payment.
- File a formal complaint, as outlined in the plan's grievance procedure, and expect a response to that complaint within a reasonable period of time.
- Know that you or your health care professional cannot be punished for filing a complaint or appeal.
- Be treated with courtesy and respect, with appreciation for your dignity and protection of your right to privacy.
- Receive a copy of Amplifon’s Consumer Rights and Responsibilities.
You have a responsibility to:
- Participate in your health care decisions.
- Work collaboratively with your hearing care provider in developing and carrying out agreed-upon treatment plans.
- Disclose relevant information and clearly communicate your wants and needs.
- Use Amplifon’s internal complaint and appeal processes to address concerns that may arise.
- Be aware of your provider's obligation to be reasonably efficient and equitable in providing care to other patients and the community.
- Read and be aware of all material distributed by Amplifon explaining policies and procedures regarding services and benefits.
- Show respect for your provider, other patients and health workers.
- Make a good-faith effort to meet financial obligations.
- Abide by administrative and operational procedures of Amplifon and your provider.
- Voice your opinions, concerns or complaints to Amplifon and/or your provider.
- Report wrongdoing and fraud to Amplifon's compliance department (email@example.com) or legal authorities.